Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 7...

This is the post where I take back every bad thing I've ever said about 18-22 year olds.  Well, maybe not everything, but I need to give credit where credit is due.

Today, I left my cell phone sitting on a bench for about 2 hours.  I don't usually leave my phone places.  I don't usually lose things; I may forget things at home or in my car, but I almost always know where my things are.

This morning, I went to ask one of my professors a question, and had to wait in the lobby part of his building until he was free.  This is not my normal routine and it's times like these when I lose stuff.  I get up and go talk to my professor, then leave the building to go to my next class.  As my class ended over an hour later, I realized (because as I dumped my 77 pound backpack all over the floor looking for it) that my phone was not with me!

I panicked as I tried to think back where I had it last and I freaked out as I remembered that my phone doesn't really lock. Anyone could use it or the information on it to do terrible things....like check my email, delete my calendar or worse yet....put a phony update on my facebook status.......GASP!

So I rush back to that stupid bench in the lobby of my professors building and there, awkwardly sitting between two 18-22 year olds(in the exact spot I left it), is my phone.  I was so happy and proud of the kids I go to school with. I wanted to hug them, and thank them for being wonderful and honest young adults.

Instead, I asked if they were willing to sell me some of their Ritalin....maybe with a clearer head, I won't leave my phone laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment