Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 6...

I got my Algebra test back today, and I was a little disappointed when I saw that I got a 76% or a C.  As I took the test on Thursday, I was feeling pretty good about it.  I felt like I knew what I was doing.  I left feeling fairly confident I'd done well.  So the C was a bit unexpected.

After examining my test a little more, I realized I only got 2 questions wrong!  I got the rest of the answers right, but I didn't show exactly what the professor wanted to see so I lost a bunch of points.
Which is weird because...shouldn't that be exactly what the professor wants to see.....the right frickin' answer!???!?!?  Well, after class I went to ask the professor that very question...and guess what...I was WRONG.  She doesn't want to see the right answer. She wants to see shit like this....

















This is a 10 point question, and as you can see I only got 6 points because I didn't "define x" or write a "sentence."  I couldn't figure out how "x" could really be defined in this problem.  I mean it isn't a year, an age or a dollar amount...it's just a number.  That couldn't be right, I mean this is a college Algebra course, clearly, they wouldn't need us to simplify something that much, right?   WRONG AGAIN!!!!

Yeah, you heard me, the professor was giving 2 points to see this on the test...x=the number! Now, I just have to ask...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?  No shit, x=the number.  Seriously, I was expected to waste pencil lead and 5 seconds of my time to write x=the number?  As you can see, I lost another 2 points because I didn't write this sentence at the end...The number is 11.

This shit happened on 4 other problems.  So lets figure out my total point loss in algebraic terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment